Tuesday, August 10, 2010

In case you are wondering...it's HOT!



I am actually amazed at how well everyone is dealing with the heat. Frustration seems to become magnified by a fairly large factor when you add the heat in on top of it. Besides fatigue, Parkers spirits don't seem to drop even in the face of adversity. He had a motor blow up by the ceiling today and just got to work taking care of a broken rib. Everyone had a long day of testing and since I spend most of my time with Parker and Curtis, I only have their times to report on. Curtis is starting to get some consistent 1/2 motors in the 1:45 range with a change to a VP and Parker put up a 26:57 full motor today and that was with the plane racing across the center disc, loosing some altitude and bouncing off the side walls before he caught it and managed to steer back to the middle of the floor. That was with plane number 2. This evening was the opening ceremonies which were short and to the point. There was a local cultural dance group that performed and I will post a couple photos. I didn't get to take many flying photos today but will have lots of time tomorrow to do so. I will also get some photos of some of the technology and other interesting things. The first round of flying starts at 11:00 tomorrow and I look forward to providing some results tomorrow evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment